Sunday, January 23, 2011

A productive weekend!

Well I haven't posted in a couple days and my posts will be spaced a bit now due to graduate school starting back up this week.  However, I needed to share some very exciting things that happened in my kitchen this weekend, including the wonderful surprise snow day I had that resulted in a kitchen experiment!  Firstly my snow day was full of research and baking! I found this wonderful muffin recipe that has; peanut butter, eggs, baking soda, vanilla, water and agave or honey, with some chocolate chips sprinkled on top. THAT'S IT!  I was skeptical at first; but sure enough they are delicious!  Just the smell of peanut butter makes you salivate before you even taste your first bite.  SO GOOD! I still can't believe that there is no flour!  I also made some coconut cream dough-nots.  I made these to try and replicate the delectable Lara Bar's coconut cream bar. I will post the recipe and pictures soon because, OMG these are mouth watering! If I don't say so myself haha. Not quite the same as Lara Bar's but hey I came pretty close and of course made mine into dough-nots :-)  I did some more research and after looking up some recipes, I was a cooking diva! Making my husband and I wonderful gluten free recipes that included, sauted Tempeh, roasted vegetables(fresh from the farmers market), and cruelty free egg frittata with fresh vegetables.  

Now that I have mentioned the farmers market I need to also talk about that! If you are from the southern Maine area, there is on in Portland, Maine every weekend and one in New Hampshire that travels between Exeter High School and Wentworth Greenhouses in Rollinsford every other weekend.  This is an amazing way to get fresh vegetables and local goods throughout the winter. I highly recommend it.  It really is the best part of my weekend. I love seeing all the people out and enjoying the local products and everyone with their environmental friendly bags, those things make me happy, I guess I am easy to please!  Anyway you should definitely check it out if you already haven't.  I even was able to get gluten free french bread! You can check it out at www.BuzzsBakery.co.cc they have a lot of gluten free products.  Their site isn't quite up and running just yet but it is something to keep your eye one.  The bread was amazing! Oh and did I mention it was vegan too! Crazy good!  Anyway I cannot say enough about farmers markets, nothing tastes better then fresh vegetables right from the source.  I prefer to grow my own but when its winter this is the next best thing!

Well I must bid you adieu now, I have to relax before life starts in full force again tomorrow, between work and school and my gluten/hormone research! PHEW I am a busy gal! I was wondering though; how you all are doing with your gluten free adventures? I have gotten a few private emails but lets hear it! Let this be a place of support, you are not in it alone :-)  I soon will have the recipe for you for the coconut cream dough-nots and update you on my research.  

P.S. I am feeling MARVELOUS! Still no bloat! In fact my stomach bothered me a tiny bit this morning from who know what and I didn't bloat up! That is mind blowing for me!


Peace, Love and Eat Well,
                                    Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment