Wednesday, January 19, 2011

First Road Bump...

Well friends I hit my first road bump! So last night I thought, snowy weather, cuddling with my puppy, hot chocolate would be perfect right now!  I boiled some almond milk and stirred in some  hot chocolate mix that my brother gave me for Christmas.  It was perfect! Really hit the spot! Unfortunately half way through drinking it, it began to hit another spot....uh ohhhhhhhhhhhh!  I got up in search for the ingredients but the ingredients were not on the bottle!  I later found out it was thrown away.  Although I didn't need ingredients to tell me that gluten was the culprit. (probably a barely malt)  I started getting awful stomach pains, went to the bathroom a few times to many and spent the rest of the night on the couch in pain! No energy at all and I couldn't even bring myself to blog about it last night!  I woke up this morning feeling awful and had to visit all to familiar bathroom once again.  I started getting nauseous and feeling like I was going to collapse!  Needless to say, not a fun morning!  The rest of the day I was exhausted and felt like I was hit by a truck! :-(

This is such a bummer! I knew it would happen sooner or later.  Gluten can be hard to avoid, especially when sneaking into my hot chocolate! But like I said, it was bound to happen.  It just makes me realize how great it feels to feel great!  All day I just wanted to have that feeling again, instead of the ...I just want to sleep, feeling. I will be going to bed early and hopefully will wake up feeling wonderful again with all that energy back!

The hot chocolate I will be making from now on is;

1-2 teaspoons raw cacao powder
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1-2 drops of stevia

mmm, healthy, def. gluten free and delicious! 

I just love hot chocolate in the winter, especially when it's snowing outside.  Reminds me of when my brother, sister and I would play out in the snow all rosy cheeked and have hot chocolate waiting for us when we came in!  Next time I will reminisce without the agonizing pain afterward!

My little cuddle buddy!



Peace, Love and Eat Well,
                                 Ashley

2 comments:

  1. It's sad that you have to visit your bathroom so much but at least it is pretty :)
    -Jen L.

    ReplyDelete