Monday, January 17, 2011

Do you suffer from a hormone imbalance?

As you all know I suffer from a hormonal imbalance.  I have been searching the internet endlessly lately to get information on this issue.  I found this article very informative.  Hope you find it helpful as well!

 http://www.womentowomen.com/adrenalfatigue/adrenalglandnutrition.aspx

Along with the gluten effecting my adrenal glands, I believe my issue to be a lack of progesterone.   Progesterone is a female hormone that is produced by the ovaries when they release a mature egg from an ovary ovulation.  Progesterone prepares the uterine lining so that it can receive the egg when it becomes fertilized by sperm.  When an egg is not fertilized, progesterone levels drop and that is when menstruation starts.  I am taking some herbal supplements as advised by an herbalist from a local health food store, such as Ashwagandha, chaste-tree berry, and evening primrose oil.  These are not something I take all the time, but something I have been experimenting with to see if it helps in my hormone troubles.  The chaste tree I feel has helped me the most thus far.  I am also going to have my hormone levels checked.  I want to do a test now and maybe one 6 mo. from now to see if there are any differences with the change in  my diet.

Having hormone troubles is not an easy battle but again I believe with a proper diet that this battle will be won.  How has your hormone battles effected your life?

Peace, Love and Eat Well,
                                  Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment